How does an entrepreneur increase their power? If you believe, as some do, that power is all about title, position, authority, control, and supremacy, you’ll find it a challenge.
Entrepreneurs can give themselves any title or position they want. They have complete authority to do whatever they want whenever they want, and they have ultimate control.
Ask any successful entrepreneur how much time they spend thinking about this type of power and they will laugh. Because the answer is zero.
But ask these successful business people about the importance of energy, clarity, confidence, impact, and influence, and you’ll get a very different response. Entrepreneurs know their success is almost totally dependent on this definition of power.
In my work with many great entrepreneurs, we focus on how they can be powerful by increasing their:
- Clarity with simple choices around discipline.
- Influence with simple choices around supporting others.
- Impact with simple choices around creativity.
- Energy with simple choices around self-understanding and insight.
- Confidence with simple choices around values.
Successful entrepreneurs are optimizers. They don’t have time to waste.
Entrepreneurs starting out don’t have the benefit of cadres of help. They need to be as powerful as possible.
How about you?