At a time when even the strongest are challenged, it has never been more important to support those who need our help through organizations with a track record of doing that very thing, very well.
Easterseals has been supporting the youngest, the oldest, the most challenged, and the most deserving among us—every day for over 100 years.
Did you know that:
- Easterseals has served veterans with transition services since WW II?
- Easterseals runs a nationwide network of child development AND senior day care centers? Easterseals affiliate network serves 1.5 million people annually?
- Easterseals has been an indispensable resource for individuals with disabilities and their families?
I’ve learned a lot over the past six months about this amazing organization, and I’m excited that all of my proceeds from the sales of the second edition of Be Chief will be donated to support their great work. I’m also excited that we will be working together to advocate for the positive impact we can ALL make in the world. (See announcement.) Partnering with Easterseals was an easy decision for many reasons:
Easterseals is committed to ensure that everyone – regardless of age or ability – is 100% included and 100% empowered.
Easterseals fosters environments where everyone is included and valued for their real and positive impact as we all live, learn, work, and play. Easterseals work can be seen in schools, workplaces, and communities nationwide.
Easterseals National President and CEO Angela F. Williams sets the tone from the top for an organization that’s all about servant-leadership. Angela and fellow national leaders CFO Glenda Oakley, SVP Marcy Traxler, SVP John Osterlund, and VP Sharon Watson support similarly talented and committed state Easterseals teams who deliver outstanding service across the country.
Easterseals serves the comprehensive health and wellness needs of the one-in-four Americans living with health challenges today with outcomes-based services throughout their lifespan. Its services include, but are limited to:
- early intervention and inclusive childcare
- medical rehabilitation
- autism services
- job training and coaching
- employment placement
- transportation services for adults with disabilities and veterans
- adult day services
- employment opportunities for older adults
- mental health and recovery programs
- assistive technology
- camps and recreation opportunities
- caregiving support including respite
- military transition services
Easterseals has an amazing group of seven national partners that share a passion for the mission. These include Albertsons, Amway, Century 21, Comcast/NBCUniversal, CVSHealth, Freddie Mac, and MassMutual.
Just as significant are the hundreds of other powerhouse state partner companies that enable Easterseals to serve.
If you are considering how best to help others at a time of great need, I urge you to consider by buying a book that can help you increase your impact while supporting Easterseals at the same time. Many in need look to them for help—now more than ever.